Using ProBoards Feb 18, 2016 21:49:53 GMT
Post by Admin on Feb 18, 2016 21:49:53 GMT
For general instructions on using ProBoards, please see the Forum Help Guide for more information. For Board-specific information, please see below.
Account Creation and Usernames
When you register for The Windrunners, you must choose a forum username. Unless you have already chosen a character name to register with, your first account will be a name of your choosing (ex. nofrodelius, Jeedai, RayekLover10). All registrations must be approved before you are given access to the Board; account email addresses and forum usernames with offensive or inappropriate content will automatically be rejected.
Because we are a roleplaying Board that relies heavily on tags, we require all of our player characters to be hosted under a forum username that uses that character's name (ex. Ashra's forum username is 'ashra' and can be tagged as Ashra (@ + ashra)). Forum usernames that do not follow this format (ex. nofrodelius, Jeedai, RayekLover10) are welcome on the Board, but are restricted to Reader only.
ProBoards allows the creation of multiple forum usernames under one account. To create a new forum username, click on the following icon on the toolbar located in the bottom right-corner of your screen (labeled Switch Account):
Click 'create a new account on this forum' and follow the instructions to register your new forum username. Use the Switch Account page (accessed by the icon above) to switch between multiple forum usernames/player characters.
ProfileChanges to your Profile may be made by clicking Profile in the Board banner, and selecting Edit Profile.
Change your default Forum Avatar by selecting 'Pick One' under Use a Forum Avatar.
Unless you are an artist or have the funding to pay for commissioned artwork, you may need assistance with creating an avatar for your character. See How to Create a Character for recommended dollmakers. To crop your saved image for an avatar, we recommend using Microsoft Paint for the inexperienced, and Pixlr Editor or Photoshop for the experienced. We recommend using a 150x150 pixel image in .PNG or .JPG format.
- Your Display Name must be the name of the character that account belongs to (ie. Ashra has Ashra as the Display Name). Please use proper capitalization and grammar.
- Gender must be the gender of the character that account falls under (ie. Ashra is selected as Male, even though his player is not a male).
- Location, Website Name, and Website URL are optional fields.
- Most Recent Status is optional, though some players may choose to enter information about their character here (ie. Ashra is 'Quiet and contemplative.'), a relevant quote, or information about themselves.
- Signature is an optional field, though some players may choose to enter information about their characters here (ie. 'I play X, Y, and Z.'), a relevant quote, hyperlinks to personal websites/pages, or an image.
To create a signature image, we recommend using Microsoft Paint for the inexperienced, and Pixlr Editor for the experienced. We recommend hosting the image for your signature on Photobucket or Imgur. 640x150 pixels is the maximum size allowed for signature images.
To add a signature image, copy-paste the BBCode below into the Signature field and add the direct image URL where indicated.
|[img style="max-width:100%;" src="INSERT DIRECT IMAGE URL HERE" alt=""]|
Recommended settings are Yes to Show Participated, Show Signatures, Show Avatars, and Enable Drafts. Your Forum Theme can be selected here. For those inexperienced with BBCode, we recommend Preview as your Posting Default; please note, however, that templates (ex. Character Application, etc.) require you to enter information in the BBCode tab. Display Group is set by the Admin upon acceptance to a Group, and should not be changed at any time. Smiles Default and Dates and Times are personal preferences.
Recommended settings are Everyone for Who Can View My Profile, and No to Invisible. Gender Visibility must be set to Yes, and Gender must be entered correctly (see Personal, above). Email Visibility, Birthday Visibility, and Activity are personal preferences. We ask you do not Block other Board members; instead, please bring any concerns regarding another member to the attention of the Admin via Private Message.
Notifications are personal preferences.
- Start Here: Find out how to get started on The Windrunners.
- Chat: Chat with your fellow Board members, ask questions, share plot ideas, etc. Please review Topics to Avoid for Board rules on acceptable conversation.
- The Windrunners: All characters in the Windrunners tribe are listed here, separated by character type (PC, NPC+, NPC). Click on the name of a character to view their CIS.
- Current Season: Displays the current year, season, and weather for the game. Current character locations can also be found here.
- Current Plot: Displays a short summary of the plot for the game.
- Links: Resources and other Elfquest roleplaying groups.
Here you can find summaries of the Board's tribes, with links to General Information pages.
- General: Contains reference material on gameplay: Board Rules, How to Play, etc.
- About the Tribes: Find information on the world and cultures of the game.
- Characters: All character information is located here, including character CISs, Adoptable Characters, and How to Create a Character.
- Personals: Post ads for character relationships, new threads, etc.
Sunspear Canyon/Beyond the Canyon
These are the boards where our game takes place.
Under the Twin Moons
Contains mature content. A password is required to access this board. For more information, please send a Private Message to the Admin account.
These are the boards for Alternate Universes. These boards are player-run and self-moderated, but the Board Rules still apply.
- Dreamtime: A place for roleplay outside of Board canon. Board AUs: The Music Box Mysteries and Project Lazarus.
- Player Pool: A board for characters from The Windrunners to interact with non-forum characters (from another holt/RP/comic series/etc.).
- The Real World: Where you can discuss events, activities, etc. outside the forum.
- Fan Creations: Post your original artwork, stories, etc. here, in the appropriate sub-board. You can also share your inspiration for the game, post images made on dollmakers, and request pictures or stories.
Forum Information & Statistics
Find out how many threads and posts are on the Board, a list of who's online, and a list of who's been online in the last 24 hours.
Do you want your user experience to be more enjoyable? Here are some tips and tricks to using some hidden Board features:
Each section of the Sidebar and Board can be collapsed. Simply click on the header to collapse the section; your preference will be remembered when you navigate to other parts of the forum. When a board you posted to is updated, a colored notice 'New Post' will appear on the collapsed header.
Back to Top
Click on the small arrow in the lower left of the screen to scroll to the top or bottom of the page.
Click on the color wheel in the text editor when creating a post; you may save up to 18 colors.
YouTube videos and image URLs are auto-embedded when you post.
TinyURL is a great resource for turning long URLs into shorter, more manageable ones. This is useful when adding a link to your Signature, which has a 500 character limit.
Imgur is a great resource for hosting original images for sharing on the Board or in the Chat. You do not need to register to use the service, and they provide short links to your images (negating the need for TinyURL).