How to Get Started Jul 17, 2015 17:56:50 GMT
Post by Admin on Jul 17, 2015 17:56:50 GMT
How to Get Started
Shade and sweet water, and welcome!
The Windrunners is a post-by-post roleplaying game based on the graphic novel series Elfquest (or ElfQuest), created by Wendy and Richard Pini in 1978.
The Board was founded on July 9, 2015 by Jeedai, Lionspine, Mimi, Noël, Shannon, and Tzezuko. For more information on the forum's origin, see The Founders.
The story revolves around a group of elves trying to survive and coexist with each other and the natives of Abode: an Earth-like planet with twin moons. Our game operates in the same world as Elfquest, but along a different canon, with player-created characters; The Windrunners diverges from the graphic novels in the middle of Kings of the Broken Wheel. A summary of the canon preceding our own is provided here.
To read the entire Elfquest series online for free, please go to The Official Elfquest Website.
The Windrunners takes place on the world of Abode, centered around the areas known as World's Spine, Forevergreen, and Black Snake's Bite (see Maps/Landscape). Our game begins in the middle of Kings of the Broken Wheel, during a period known as the Hidden Years. Read more on the History/Timeline.
Elves are the primary race played on The Windrunners. They vary in sizes, shapes, and colors, and stand shorter than humans (between 3'7" - 5'3", on average). They are defined by large eyes, pointed ears, and possess only eight fingers and toes (four on each hand and foot). For more information, see The Elves. Other magical species include Preservers and Trolls.
There are four tribes planned for the Board: The Windrunners, a semi-nomadic tribe based on canon Jackwolfriders and Sun Villagers; the Gliders (name TBD), a group of Gliders that broke away from Blue Mountain and settled in the high reaches of World's Spine; the Cat Riders (name TBD), a tribe of hunters that share a mysterious bond with large cats; and the Wavedancers (name TBD), an aquatic group of elves that reside on a secluded island.
Currently, the Windrunners are the only playable tribe.
The Windrunners is an open roleplaying forum; both Readers and Players are welcome to join.
If you are interested in playing, please use this thread as a place to start participating in the Board: learn how to roleplay, read up on the tribes, and review the game's history. There is a lot of information, but links are provided:
- Please refer to Using ProBoards if this is your first time using a ProBoards forum.
- Read the Board Rules. Before you create your first character, the Admin account must receive confirmation that you have read them in full. Instructions on sending confirmation can be found there.
- Introduce Yourself and get to know your fellow players.
- Learn How to Play. Please pay attention to our rules on character slots, posting order, and monthly quotas.
- Read up on the history of the The World of Two Moons. We recommend this page, even for those who know the Elfquest canon.
- Read up on our History/Timeline, follow the story at Threads by Chronological Order, or just look over the Plot Summary.
- Learn About the Tribes. You can find useful information for character creation here, including the List of Magics and List of Tribal Roles.
- Discover our Characters. All character information is located here, including player characters, NPCs+/NPCs, and Adoptable Characters.
- Finally, Submit a Character.
If you have any questions, please send a Private Message to the Admin account.